This brightly colored salad is excellent! GF, and easy to modify to vegan
prep time cook time total time
10 mins 25 mins 35 mins
- 2 to 4 sweet potatoes or yams, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 onions, sliced
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch organic baby kale, torn into bite size pieces (or a box of organic baby kale)
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Feta Cheese, crumbled or diced
- 1/2 cup Lady Jane Hemp Hearts
- Preheat oven to 400. Toss cubed sweet potatoes or yams with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Arrange evenly on a baking sheet.
- Baked in the preheated oven until the cubed sweet potatoes 20 to 25 minutes for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onions and garlic until the onion has caramelized to a golden brown, about 15 minutes. ** Let cool.
- **As an option, you can add the kale to the skillet and stir until the kale is wilted and tender. If using baby kale, cooking is not generally needed to make the kale tender. It's your preference. You will cool this mixture before serving.
- Once the onions garlic ingredients cools, add fresh baby kale to the mixture.
- Add and toss the cooled sweet potato cubes, sunflower seeds, Hemp Hearts, and Feta Cheese to the cooled kale mixture.
Add a comment